Sunday, May 13, 2012

This One's For You - Dr. Jim Preddy, DO

For the last two weeks we have had the pleasure of learning Anatomy and Physiology by guest speaker Dr. Jim Preddy, DO. He is a ER doc from Las Vegas. So you can image all the destruction that comes into his office daily. And yes, he had pictures of a lot of it. (more later on that) I have worked in the medical field in a sales capacity for 10 years. I know physicians and I really have enjoyed studing their behaviors. Great people, for the most part. So, having a background speaking with docs, I was suprised to have such a intelligent, yet funny, yet self depricating, yet commonsenseical (is that a word?), yet quick witted physician lecture. The world needs more people like Dr. Jim Preddy in it. He came to lecture, on his vacation for two weeks. I'm sure he wasn't paid for his time. He also adjusted (he's a chiropracter, massage tech, and ex cheerleader as well) about 400 yogis for free as well. He's a yogi himself. His body has undergone many changes since he started Bikram Yoga. I think he has lost about 50 plus pounds? He's makes sense of Bikram yoga from a medical commonsense perpective while making fun of himself the whole way. Sometimes you meet people who have a immediate influence on you. You want to become a better person. You can see their evolution and you look for it more in yourself. That's Dr. Preddy. As for his gruesome slideshows, I liked the nail through the brain xray, feet/legs turning into scales, skin on the scalp ripped off with bone expose, foot turning unnatural way due to being broke at the botton ankle (they had to put the foot back on basically), but I'll never forget the picture of the man with the worst case of Chlamydia who had the huge abcess with puss ozing out and his penis about to fall off. Classic!

2 comments:

  1. I just have to say that this post still cracks me up eveytime I read it. Awesome

    ReplyDelete
  2. please can u give us more information about dr.preddy

    ReplyDelete