Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Karma Yoga

Karma Yoga: "The word karma is derived from the Sanskrit kri, meaning 'to do'. In its most basic sense karma simply means action, and yoga translates to union. Thus karma yoga literally translates to the path of union through action. Karma yoga is described as a way of acting, thinking and willing by which one orients oneself toward realization by acting in accordance with one's duty (dharma) without consideration of personal self-centered desires, likes or dislikes. One acts without being attached to the fruits of one's deeds". I have been the beneficiary of "karma yoga" here in Salt Lake City, Utah. I traveled to SLC to visit Rahn Miralles, a student who graduated with me at TT. I told Rahn that I was having difficulty starting to teach. Rahn has been a teaching powerhouse since leaving Training. Rahn has his own special story, but imagine, he has lost over 200 pounds so far after starting BHY. Yoga has saved his life, I'm sure. Teaching wise, Rahn taught 22 classes in one week! He's well over 200 or 300 total? Me, I'm at 8. I can't express the gratitude I have for the SLC Bikram community! So increadibly welcoming, so supportive, so yogi. The students here are A-mazing. Really. These yogis rock. I've been teaching classes daily with 40+ students. So beautiful. So powerful. So Salt Lake!!!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I'm so happy for you that you found a place to kick-start your teaching life and with a lot of support from the community! Will you be able to hang out for a little longer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!! Thank you! I'm here for a couple more days but plan to return!

    ReplyDelete