Monday, September 10, 2012

Change the Record

Today I signed my divorce decree. Don't be sad for me, please don't pity me or cry for me. I'm ok and everything is going to be OK. I wanted to share a few affirmations, given to me by my friend Paul, which meant a lot over the past few months. I hope they mean something to you too. 1. "Not knowing when the dawn will come, I open every door" 2. "It is so important to let certain things go. To release them. To cut loose. People need to understand that no-one is playing with marked cards, sometimes we win and sometimes we lose. Don't expect to get anything back, don't expect your genius to be discovered or your love to be understood. Complete the circle. Not out of pride, inability or arrogance, but simply because whatever it is no longer fits in your life. Close the door, clean the house, change the record, get rid of the dust" 3. "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond all measure" 4. "Choose not a life of imitation" and finally 5. "Somewhere out there, beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field.... I will meet you there"

No comments:

Post a Comment