Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Wine and Yoga

Yesterday I was offered a job. I wasn't looking for a job, but an opportunity presented itself and I said, "sure, why not". I met a woman at Bitner Winery last Sunday. Her name is Mary. She was pouring wine and giving tours of the vineyard. Just talking about the different vines and how the microclimate affects the grapes. Why the Chardonnay vines are slanted opposite the Cabernet and so on and so forth. She said that Idaho's climate, soil and potential makes this area the most exciting, in terms of wine production, that she has seen for some time. I was watching her because #1. She is really really tall, with long blonde hair. She looks like a beach volleyball player #2. She knew a lot about wine, Idaho wine, which I thought was strange #3. She used the word "cool" a lot and I think she swore a couple times. #4. She does Bikram Yoga. So, long story short. She offered me a job to help her put on the third annual Sunnyslope Food and Wine Festival(www.SunnyslopeFestival.com) out in Idaho wine country. September 14, 15 and 16th for all you Idahoans reading my blog. I'm in charge of 60+ volunteers to help pull this thing off. (Yes, if you live in Boise, I want you to volunteer!! please please please) If you know me, then you know I love wine. Love all the different varietals and because wine is" ALIVE" (that's for you Tiffany) So, anyway chance meeting turns into a job I would LOVE to do. It won't interfer with my teaching endevours and will be a joy to be part of. Love it when a plan comes together, even if you don't know what the "plan" is. Even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment